After the jury commissioner came into the room and gave instructions, I approached her and asked her to correct the name on the list, showing my court ordered name change and she assured me it was not a problem.
I had received the name change decree the same courthouse just a few months ago. You would think they would update the juror selection database when a name is changed, wouldn't you? I had registered to vote under my new name the same day I received my decree.
The typical jury selection process occurred with 18 people being called into the jury box area. Four prospective jurors were dismissed for various reasons and then my name was called to fill a seat. As the process continued, I answered the questions asked the previous jurors along with some new ones.
At no time was there any indication that I was anybody special, just another woman doing her civic duty.
The defense attorney dismissed me along with two other jurors, no idea why...
No comments:
Post a Comment