Thursday, January 1, 2009

On the right foot

My first New Years Eve with all of the correct (yet still healing) parts was spent in my tiny apartment.

My mom has been very accepting of my transition, her concerns revolved around my happiness, my sobriety (4/11/2005), the impact on my daughter, my acceptance by society. One of her big concerns was that "I just wish you weren't so tall!". I would guess her height to be about 5 feet 5 inches, so at almost 6 feet, I have been much taller than her for years. She still doesn't like it when I wear heels around her because it accentuates the difference even more.

We spent the evening eating Chinese food, trying to make some configuration changes to my Home Theatere Home Computer (HTPC) (one of our shared hobbies) and watching a movie.

I'm still moving pretty slow and get tired really easily. There is still some serious healing that needs to happen and sitting on anything other than my recliner or laying in bed for more than a couple of hours is painful, even with the pillow.

No comments: