Saturday, December 13, 2008

Dancing Again!

I'm sure I was pushing it when I attended a session of our private challenge level square dancing group on December 13, just 11 days after surgery.

The welcome and surprise on the faces of my fellow dancers and good friends was well worth it!

Listening and watching the new calls that were taught that day from the sidelines was not very comfortable sitting on my ever present pillow but well worth it.

Much to their surprise and mine as well, when it came down for the last tip, I stood up and got into position to dance. I made sure that everyone would be careful and patient and had a substitute standing by so that I could sit down in a hurry.

As it turns out, there was no need! I was able to "dance" for the entire tip (about ten minutes). I say "dance" because at the challenge level, it is more a matter of walking from position to position, seeing the formation, touching hands and moving to the next position.

It was still quite an accomplishment! After the session and saying my goodbyes, I carefully made my way back to my apartment for a much needed rest.

But at least I can still say I have 100% attendance!

No comments: