Monday, December 1, 2008

GRS date moved up

I had a screening appointment with Dr Marci Bowers http://www.MarciBowers.com/ on November 10, 2008. I had previously submitted an application and deposit and had a date scheduled for July 17, 2009.

At the appointment, I was informed that there had been a cancelation and since I met all of the prerequisites and was next on the waiting list that I was elgible for the next open date of December 2, 2008! My cheeks hurt for two days from smiling so much. Of course I happily accepted.

The next three weeks passed in a whirlwind of activity.

  • Sharing the news with friends and family members
  • Two days in Fort Collins working with CIRA for work
  • Request for medical leave from work and associated paperwork
  • Preparing my daughters room for her return from college after finishing two quarters early! (Congratulations Honey!)
  • Final medical tests and appointments
  • Packing
  • Going over my list and checking it twice.

No comments: