Monday, December 1, 2008

Not your typical Birthday celebration

I celebrated another birthday in November. My birthdays in the past have frequently been "tainted", either with the anniversary of  JFK's assassination or overshadowed with the pageantry and family drama of celebration of Thanksgiving.

This year couldn't have been more different.

The evening before my birthday, mom and I did a little shopping and she picked out a terabyte USB hard drive as a gift for me. We then went to a nice dinner at Red Lobster. That was the traditional part....

On my birthday, I was supposed to go to a square dance session then lunch with friends. It was canceled at the last minute due to dental issues. Then I was supposed to go to brunch with friends, that got postponed at the last minute due to illness. Admittedly, I was disappointed, but understanding.  So I spent the morning working on cleaning, organizing and preparing my daughters room for her return from college.

Mid morning I received a call from a friend inviting me to a Marriage Equality protest at the California State Capitol. After attending that with friends, they took me out for Indian style dinner. That was followed by attending the Transgender day of Remembrance ceremony. It was one of the best birthdays ever!

No comments: