Called a customer of mine to tell him that I had some significant life changes that may affect him.
Janet gave me a ride to Dr Bowers office and took care of the initial paperwork with Robin.
Robin then sent me over to the hospital to handle the preadmission, blood type and match and to receive the bowel prep gear and instructions. I was given a "blood" wristband to cross check on Wednesday and a temporary hospital wristband, I'll let them take it off when they see fit.
Mark called and reminded me to send him a contact list and to wish me well.
Becca chatted online with me for about an hour and Mom also chatted with me.
Started the evil drink at 13:50, mixed with Sprite. Other that some stomach gurgling, nothing has come out but urine so far as of 18:00
I took the Durolac pills at 16:50 and didn't feel anything right away but by about 17:40 my stomach was feeling upset and I thought I might vomit. I pulled the garbage can closer but after I sat still for a while I settled down.
Customer called back finally called back at about 17:00. He took it REALLY well and is looking forward to continuing to work with me. I also had to provide some support for a firewall reconfig for software he was installing.
I called Robin at 17:30 because I hadn't heard from my ride and was due at Dr Bowers office. She said she had been trying to call my cell, but hadn't tried the hotel. I was all dressed and ready to go. She told me that Dr Bowers wasn't back from Seattle. Last she had heard, the flight hadn't left yet!Someone is at the Colorado Springs airport waiting to pick her up already.
I was reassured over and over that the surgery WILL happen tomorrow and Dr Bowers WILL see me before the surgery.
I was reassured over and over that the surgery WILL happen tomorrow and Dr Bowers WILL see me before the surgery.
So I am supposed to continue with my cleansing, watch bad televison and in the immortal words of Douglas Adams "Don't Panic".
And yes I have my towel.
I'm doing ok, just following directions.
I'm doing ok, just following directions.
No comments:
Post a Comment